It’s about 10pm here is the land of Oz, and yet it feels like 3am because my brothers children woke me an hour early.
So I thought I’d make a list of famous people, of varying levels of fame, who I’d like to play a role playing game with. These are in no specific order, and some of these people will no doubt have never played an RPG, but here we go.
- Ross Payton of RPPR. Technically he ran a game I played in, but still; i want to do it again.
- Caleb Stokes of RPPR, I love all the guys and gals at RPPR but Caleb is the GM I wish I was. sadly I would need to change too much about who I am to get into doing that much planning.
- Matt Easton of schola gladiatoria. I just find him an interesting bloke, and I think he’d be down for it.
- Hank Green of vlogbrothers, Sci-show, and much more. I’m a long time nerd fighter and I’ve always enjoyed Hank’s videos more than John’s (though I love John’s as well). Add to the fact he’s about to be on RPG show with Wil Wheaton.
- Vin Diesel. Probably one of the most famous DnD players around, I have no idea if that is a thing he is still into but man…if he is.
- Adam Savage of mythbusters acclaim. He is a really creative personality, and I feel like if you could get him to embrace the hobby he could have a lot of fun with it.
- Will and Norm of Tested.com. They have never played an TRPG, which seems odd considering their job as professional (and I kind of hate this word) nerds.
- (This one is someone very few people would consider famous, but he is more well known than any of my other friends) Craig Page. He wrote a kind of well known paper on Jedi lightsaber forms, he also works for the dresden files larp.
- Joerg of The Slingshot Channel. He’s a bit of a mad genius and I feel like he would be a lot of fun.
- Mike Rugnetta of PBS idea channel. Oh man, I could fucking die happy. When I learnt Mike played Shadow Run, it made me rethink my decision not to get into shadow run. Kim and I both LOVE idea channel.
- This isn’t really a famous person, but one of the minds behind Eclipse Phase. I have never been so enthralled by an RPG setting before, I’d love to see how they run it.
- Michael Shean, Who is an author I have never read but have become friends with on tumblr… I should really read one of his books.
I don’t know, just some thoughts I had. I might add more to the list as I think of more. For now that will do.
Why don’t you leave in the comments your own list of famous and semi famous people you’d like to game with?
Farewell from the past, I’m Raymond.